Terms of Service
v.2 - 02/Sep/2013
Dandelion API Services
Dandelion API services provide access to various public and private data sources as well as several related features (including but not limited to data analysis and enrichment APIs).
Use of the Service
- You may access the Services for your own personal or commercial use.
- Use the Services internally within your company.
- Integrate the Services into a public facing application or service, so long as the application or service does not allow the user to download or export large or complete portions of Dandelion data in a raw format.
- Publish statistics or visuals using the Services.
You may not:
- Sell, publish, license access to or give away the Service in its current form, or in any raw form that retains the original intent to provide large or complete datasets;
- Allow users of an application or service that uses Dandelion data to download or export large or complete portions of the data;
- Access or reverse engineer the Service in order to (i) build a competitive product or service, (ii) build a product using similar ideas, features, or functions of the Service, or (iii) copy any ideas, features, or functions of the Service;
- Publish or perform any benchmark or performance tests or analysis relating to the Service or the use thereof without express authorization from SpazioDati;
- Utilize the information provided by Dandelion's Services to create a service similar to those offered by Dandelion.
- Create or use multiple accounts or API keys;
- Republish content and information provided by Dandelion API's Services in a bulk format;
- Make the Dandelion API Services available over a network (other than Dandelion API's network) where it could be used by others;
- Circumvent any technology used by SpazioDati or its licensors to protect information accessible via the Dandelion Services;
- Sell, rent, lease, transfer, or sublicense any of the Dandelion Services;
- Utilize or enable a third party to utilize Dandelion API via any means that bypasses this agreement or the Dandelion API Key registration process, including but not limited to: proxy servers, spiders, scraping robots, or other technology;
- Distribute, facilitate, or enable access to Dandelion Services in any manner deemed by SpazioDati in its sole discretion to be objectionable or harmful to the business or reputation of Dandelion and SpazioDati;
Attribution - When using Dandelion, or content generated via a Dandelion's API, for any purpose with a Free Plan, you agree to:
- Provide a clickable hyperlink to http://dandelion.eu/ with the text "Powered by Dandelion API" within your website or application;
- Provide attribution to Dandelion API within any published works that are based on or mention Dandelion API, or content generated by Dandelion API, including but not limited to research papers and journal articles.
- Provide attribution to Dandelion within all web pages or documents where Dandelion content and/or API results are used or displayed.
We reserve the right to pursue legal remedies against a customer who violates these terms. If you are unsure that your use of the data is appropriate or in accordance with these terms, please contact us with any questions.
In some cases, the use of certain data may be subject to a third-party agreement (e.g. a Creative Commons license); it is your responsibility to honor such agreements including, where applicable, to make others aware of any agreements conditioning your or their use, distribution, or manipulation of such content.
The Website: The visual interfaces, graphics, design, compilation, code, products, services, and all other proprietary elements of the Platform and Services provided by SpazioDati (the "Materials") are protected by copyright, trade dress, patent, and trademark laws, international conventions, and all other relevant intellectual property and proprietary rights, and applicable laws. Except as otherwise designated here and on the Platform or Services, all Materials contained on the Platform or Services are the property of SpazioDati or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies and/or third-party licensors. Except as expressly authorized by SpazioDati, you agree not to sell, sell access to, distribute, copy, modify, publicly perform or display, transmit, publish, edit, adapt, create derivative works from, or otherwise make unauthorized use of the proprietary elements of the Site and Services.
Embeds, Syndication, APIs: SpazioDati hereby grants you a limited license to use its marks in association with embeddable or syndicatable features of the Site or Services, or with uses of Dandelion APIs, provided that your use of such features (a) does not alter or modify any brand features SpazioDati makes available for use with such features and APIs, (b) complies with SpazioDati's then-current brand usage policies, which SpazioDati reserves the right to revise, in its sole discretion, from time to time, and (c) complies with all other terms and conditions herein. You shall abide by Dandelion's API attribution requirements, which are outlined in the Dandelion API documentation. SpazioDati reserves the right to change or modify such attribution requirements.
The Services may provide information on and links to other web sites or resources. You acknowledge that we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not endorse and are not liable for any content, advertising, products, services or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. Unless there is a clear indication otherwise, any dealings by you with any third party on or through the Services shall be solely between you and that third party and we shall not be responsible for any loss or damage that may arise from any such dealings.
Your use of the Services is at your sole risk. The Services are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis and we do not guarantee that the Services will be suitable for your purposes and requirements. The content of the Services is subject to change without notice. We use reasonable care in compiling and presenting the content of the Services. But we can give no guarantee that the content is complete, accurate or up to date. So far as permitted by law, we disclaim all warranties, conditions and other terms of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to any implied term of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, and any standard of reasonable care and skill. With the exception of written and signed agreements, no advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Dandelion.eu or through or from the Services shall create any warranty or other obligation not expressly stated in the Terms.
Limitation of Liability
So far as permitted by law we exclude any liability for loss or damage of any kind resulting from the use of the Services and any information derived from the Services. In no event shall SpazioDati, its officers, directors, agents, affiliates, employees, advertisers, or data providers be liable for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages (including but not limited to loss of use, loss of profits, or loss of data) whether in an action in contract, tort (including but not limited to negligence), equity or otherwise, arising out of or in any way connected with the use of the Dandelion's Services.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and SpazioDati srl. Any failure by us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. These Terms and the relationship between you and us shall be governed by the laws of Italy and Italian courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute.